UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on general schools policy
MOTION # XVII-M2
on general schools policy
1. Motion presenter: Todd DeMitchell on behalf of the Agenda Committee
2. Date of Faculty Senate discussion: 9/24/2012 and 10/22/2012
The Faculty Senate accepts the Policy on Interdisciplinary Schools dated October 15, 2012, as modified by the two amendments below:
(1) add, at the end of the next to last paragraph of item III.A, the following sentence: “All MOUs developed as part of the schools must be public and available to the university community.”
(2) add the word “tenured” to the first sentence of item III.B, so that the sentence reads: “Schools will be led by a Director who will be a member of the tenured Faculty of the University and will report through one or more Colleges, Institutes, or through the Graduate School selected to enhance the cross-college and interdisciplinary focus and purpose of the School.”
4. Senate action: passed with twenty-one ayes, sixteen nays, and four abstentions.
5. Senate chair’s signature: Willem deVries
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on November 6, 2012
Forwarded to: Provost John Aber, on November 6, 2012
Forwarded to: Lisa MacFarlane, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, on November 6, 2012
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.