UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on Procedure on Motions of No Confidence
MOTION # XII-M2
Procedure on Motions of No Confidence
1. Sponsoring committee: Agenda Committee
2. Motion presenter: Ruth Sample
3. Date of Faculty Senate discussion: 9/10/07
The procedure outlined follows (and largely quotes) the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the USNH Board of Trustees and the UNH Chapter of the AAUP procedure described in Section 14.2.4 with appropriate changes.
When a motion of no confidence by the Faculty Senate of an individual or individuals has been moved and seconded, the following order of procedures will be followed:
1) The motion of no confidence is tabled.
2) Conference by the Agenda Committee of the Faculty Senate with appropriate administrators and/or faculty. Case may be resolved by mutual agreement among the aggrieved parties, dismissed, or referred to the Academic Affairs Committee.
3. The Academic Affairs Committee of the Faculty Senate informally inquires into the situation, attempts to mediate a mutually agreeable resolution and, if no resolution is reached, makes a recommendation concerning no confidence to the Faculty Senate Agenda Committee and the Faculty Senate.
4. The motion of no confidence is debated and voted upon by the Faculty Senate.
No confidence: A statement that the person or persons in question has or have lost the confidence of the Faculty Senate in the person’s ability to act effectively.
6. Senate action: passed unanimously
Senate chair’s signature: William Stine
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on September 26, 2007
Forwarded to: Provost Bruce Mallory, on September 26, 2007
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.