UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on lecturers' notification
MOTION # XVII-M21
on lecturers’ notification of employment
1. Motion presenter: Michael Ferber
2. Dates of Faculty Senate discussion: 4/29/2013 and 5/6/2013
3. Motion: Lecturers should receive a letter regarding future employment at least six months before that employment begins.
4. Rationale: Some departments do not know how many sections or courses will be needed until early spring, and some employment decisions may be based on teacher evaluations which are not available until the end of the previous semester. This motion would provide moral suasion but would not be a requirement for departments which are unable to follow the motion.
5. Senate action: passed with thirty ayes, two nays and two abstentions.
6. Senate chair’s signature: Willem deVries
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on 6/19/2013
Forwarded to: Provost John Aber, on 6/19/2013
Forwarded to: Lisa MacFarlane, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, on 6/19/2013
Forwarded to: all college deans, on 6/19/2013
Forwarded to: all department chairs, on 6/19/2013
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.