UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on the requirement to sign
Form B of the Intellectual Property Participation Agreement
UNH FACULTY SENATE
MOTION # XV-M9
on the requirement to sign Form B of the Intellectual Property Participation Agreement
1. Motion presenter: Kent Chamberlin
2. Date of Faculty Senate discussion: 4/18/2011
3. Rationale: The Research and Public Service Committee found that the Intellectual Property Participation Agreement (Form B) is redundant and confusing. It duplicates existing mandatory policy on intellectual property, and this duplication has been confusing to many of those who have been required to sign the agreement. The agreement has already been targeted for elimination by the Office for Research Partnerships and Commercialization.
4. Motion: The Research and Public Service Committee unanimously recommended a motion to the Faculty Senate, saying that the requirement for faculty to sign the Intellectual Property Participation Agreement (Form B) should be eliminated.
5. Senate action: passed unanimously with thirty-five ayes, no nays and one abstention.
6. Senate chair’s signature: Edward Hinson
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on, April 26, 2011
Forwarded to: Provost John Aber, on April 26, 2011
Forwarded to: Lisa MacFarlane, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, April 26, 2011
Forwarded to: Jan Nisbet, Senior Vice Provost for Research, on April 26, 2011
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.