UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on the Faculty Activity
Report Working Group
UNH FACULTY SENATE
MOTION # XV-M5
on the Faculty Activity Report Working Group
1. Motion presenter: Kent Chamberlin
2. Date of Faculty Senate discussion: 2/14/2011
3. Rationale: There is one faculty representative on the Faculty Activity Report (FAR) Working Group out of the 24 members serving on that group. Given the relevance of the FAR to academic issues, this level of faculty participation is deemed to be insufficient. The objective of this motion is to specify a faculty participation that better addresses faculty concerns regarding the FAR.
4. Motion: Membership on the Faculty Activity Report Working Group is to be expanded to include one full-time faculty member representing each of the colleges (including UNH-Manchester and the UNH library), in addition to the faculty member representing, and appointed by, the Faculty Senate.
5. Senate action: passed with thirty-four ayes, no nays, and two abstentions.
6. Senate chair’s signature: Edward Hinson
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on, March 16, 2011
Forwarded to: Provost John Aber, on March 16, 2011
Forwarded to: Lisa MacFarlane, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, March 16, 2011
Forwarded to: Terri Winters, Director of Academic Technology, on March 16, 2011
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.