UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on inclusion of department
chairs on steering committees
UNH FACULTY SENATE
MOTION # XVIII-M7
on inclusion of department chairs on campus construction project steering committees
1. Motion Presenter: Tuck Pescosolido, Faculty Senate Campus Planning Committee Chair
2. Dates of Faculty Senate Discussion: 2/24/2014, 3/17/2014
3. Rationale: Whereas, there have been recent anecdotal reports of poor communication with faculty regarding moves, construction, and renovation activities; and
Whereas, misunderstanding of changes to the physical campus by faculty or poor understanding of faculty needs will potentially have significant impacts on the suitability of space for educational/research activities; and
Whereas, Department Chairpersons and Directors of other campus entities engage in regular communication with both faculty and College Deans, and are expected to spend time in administrative responsibilities, therefore
4. Motion: Let it be resolved that the Faculty Senate calls on the University Administration to ensure that current and future campus construction project steering committees include, as faculty representation, the chairpersons of all affected departments and directors of other affected entities and/or their designees.
5. Senate action: Motion passed by majority vote.
6. Senate chair’s signature: Todd A. DeMitchell
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on March 25, 2014
Provost Lisa MacFarlane, on March 25, 2014
P.T. Vasudevan, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, on March 25, 2014
College Deans, on March 25, 2014
Department Chairs, on March 25, 2014
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.