UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on the Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws
UNH FACULTY SENATE
MOTION # V-M6
1. Faculty Senate Committee: Agenda Committee.
2. Committee Chairperson: Jerry Finn.
3. Date of Faculty Senate Discussion: March 19, 2001.
4. Committee/Administrator Responsible for Implementation: Faculty Senate Chair.
5. Motion 3 on the UNH Faculty Senate Constitution and Bylaws:
In item 3.C. of the bylaws, delete the last sentence and add "A senator may designate another member of her/his department to act as proxy. If two small departments agree to share a senator, they may be represented by one senator with one vote. A proxy for the senator for the combined departments may be chosen from those combined departments. No senator or proxy may have more than one vote."
Motion three makes explicit the current policy on representation by proxy.
7. Senate Action: passed 3/19/01, unanimously
Chair's verification: Jerry Finn on 4/5/01
Forwarded to: President Letizel on 4/6/01
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.