UNH Faculty Senate
Motion on Staff Benefits and
UNH FACULTY SENATE
MOTION # XIV-M13
on staff benefits and wages
1. Motion presenter: Agenda Committee
2. Date of Faculty Senate discussion: 3/22/2010
This motion expresses a sentiment of solidarity and is not a bill of particulars. The staff are under significant pressure regarding benefits and the wage freeze.
The Faculty Senate stands in solidarity with our colleagues in the EE/PAT and OS, who have suffered wage freezes and feel continual pressures on their benefits. These circumstances have undermined a sense of well being and respect among the university community. We urge the administration to lift the wage freeze and maintain, if not enhance, all benefits.
5. Senate action: passed with thirty ayes, one nay and six abstentions.
6. Senate chair’s signature: Paula Salvio
Forwarded to: President Mark Huddleston, on May 4, 2010
Forwarded to: Provost John Aber, on May 4, 2010
Forwarded to: Chair of the Operating Staff Council, on May 4, 2010
Forwarded to: Chair of the PAT Staff Council on May 4, 2010
5. Senate action: passed unanimously.
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.