Motion on Lack of Confidence
UNH FACULTY SENATE
COMMITTEE MOTION # IV-M1
1. Faculty Senate Committee: None.
2. Committee Chairperson: None.
3. Date of Faculty Senate Discussion: 10-25-99.
4. Committee/Administrator Responsible for Implementation .
It is the view of the University of New Hampshire Faculty Senate that numerous past and present actions of the Board of Trustees and the University System of New Hampshire Chancellor threaten the University of New Hampshire's academic quality, are contrary to its academic mission, and are damaging its academic reputation. Therefore the University of New Hampshire Faculty Senate, consistent with its constitutionally-mandated responsibility to ensure the academic quality and integrity of the university, hereby asserts its lack of confidence in the Chancellor of the University System of New Hampshire and the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees
7. Senate Action: Passed on October 25, 1999, with 2 nays and 5 abstentions.
Chair's verification: Pedro de Alba on January 19, 2000.
Forwarded to: President Leitzel on January 19, 2000.
Click HERE to return to the main Motions page.