News and Announcements
- Joe Salisbury and PhD student Melissa Meléndez Oyola --Testing the Waters: UNH scientist heads up NOAA's East Coast ocean acidification cruise
- Joe Licciardi – New study finds sudden shift in radiative forcing led to demise of the Laurentide ice sheet
- Congratulations to Professor Jo Laird, recipient of the 2015 Outstanding Educator Award by the Association for Women Geoscientists!
- Congratulations to Professor Ruth Varner, the 2015 recipient of AGU Biogeoscience Section's Sulzman award, an award for mid-career women who inspire mentees to excel in research.
- Joel Johnson - UNH Geologist Identifies New Source of Methane for Gas Hydrates in Arctic
- Alumna Karen Johannesson (BS 1985), Professor of Geochemistry and Chemical Hydrogeology at Tulane University, has been selected for the 2015 C.C. Patterson Award from the Geochemical Society
The Department of Earth Sciences at UNH aims to improve our understanding of the Earth, and the processes that affect it, through excellence in teaching, research, and service. We offer undergraduate and graduate degrees encompassing a broad spectrum of disciplines including geology, hydrology, oceanography, ocean mapping, geochemistry, climate science, and geophysics. Our location on the Great Bay Estuary near the White Mountains provides an ideal backdrop for hands-on learning opportunities. Join us in our journey of discovery!