Welcome to Our Alumni Roster
2000 & up | 1990s | 1980s | 1970s | 1960s
Please note: Alumni are alphabetized according to the last names they had as UNH students. Send additions or changes to email@example.com.
- Steve Adams '71, Durham, NH. Communications coordinator, UNH Sea Grant program.
- Ralph Adler '76, Brentwood, NH. Senior research associate, RMC, Portsmouth.
- Susan Ahearn-Pierce '73, Silver Spring, MD. News anchor, Metro Radio Networks.
- Betsy Bair '77, Groton, Mass. Editorial director, The Meetings Group Magazines, Primedia Business, Stow, Mass.
- Charlie Bevis '75, Chelmsford, Mass. Senior writer, Financial Research Corp., Boston.
- Norman Boucher '73, Sharon, Mass. Freelance writer.
- Patricia Bowie Orman '71. Associate professor of mass communication, Colorado State University, Pueblo.
- Tim Brewster '73, Portland, Maine. Reporter, Portland Press Herald.
- Paul Briand '75, Portsmouth. Columnist and director of operations, Seacoast Newspapers.
- Pat Broderick '71, San Diego. Reporter, San Diego Business Journal.
- John Christie '70, Portland, Maine. President, Central Maine Newspapers.
- Carol Harvey Clapp '70, Readfield, Maine. Freelance writer/photographer.
- Priscilla Cummings '73, Annapolis, MD. Writer of children's books. http://www.priscillacummings.com
- Michael D'Antonio '77, Miller Place, NY. Freelance writer.
- Betsy Donovan Marro '78, San Diego.
- Andrea Dudley '74, Pelham, NH. Director of public affairs, NYNEX.
- Dan Forbush '75, Stony Brook, NY. Founder, ProfNet.
- George Forcier '75, Conway, Mass. Managing editor, Greenfield Recorder.
- Royal Ford '72, Nottingham, NH. Reporter and columnist, The Boston Globe.
- Joe Freda '78, Kenoza Lake, NY. Novelist and creative director, PrePress Solutions.
- Marion Gordon Torres '77, Simi Valley, Calif. Real estate appraiser.
- Denise Grady '78 (master's), New York. Science writer, The New York Times.
- Libby Grimm '77, Sanibel Island, Florida. Assistant editor, Times of the Island magazine.
- Jan Harayda '70, Princeton, N.J. Novelist and freelance writer. http://www.janiceharayda.com
- Sue Hertz '78, Newburyport, Mass. Associate professor of journalism, UNH.
- Maureen O'Connell Hurley '77, Buffalo, NY. Vice president and general counsel, Rich Products Corp.
- Jon Kellogg '70, Harwinton, Conn. Executive editor, Waterbury Republican American.
- Lois Kelly '77, Cumberland, R.I.. Founder, Thunder House interactive marketing.
- Michael Kelly '79, syndicated columnist and former editor-in-chief of the Atlantic Monthly, died in April 2003, covering the war in Iraq.
- Terry Knowles '73, Weare, NH.
- Lynn Lessard '75, Bedford, NH. Corporate communications specialist, Matthew Thornton Health Plan, Bedford.
- Allen Lessels '76, Contoocook, NH. Sportswriter, The Union Leader.
- Patricia Lorange Taylor '71. Bridgeport, Conn.
- Jean MacDonald, '76, Jamaica Plain, Mass. Shareholder Publishing, Fidelity Investments, Boston.
- Kate McClare '78, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Executive editor, Onboard Media, Miami Beach.
- Millie McLean '79, Rehoboth, Mass. Copy editor, Providence Journal-Bulletin.
- Joy McGranahan Clough '77, Rochester, NH. Owner, Write on Top.
- Ed McGrath '77, North Reading, Mass. Business owner.
- Susan Mercandetti '75, New York. Senior nonfiction editor, Random House.
- Pat Miller '75, Rochester, NH.
- Michael Minigan '78, Sonoma, Calif.
- Steven Morrison '78, Sacramento, Calif. Government relations, California Society of CPA's.
- Laurie Morrissey '77, Hopkinton, NH. Freelance writer and adjunct professor.
- Ken O'Quinn '74, Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Corporate writing coach, Writing With Clarity.
- Tom Osenton '76, Durham. Adjunct professor of marketing, UNH.
- Beth Osgood Dodge '76, Meredith, NH.
- Jeff Palmer '75, Alexandria, VA. Director of Marketing and Communications, The Vinyl Institute.
- Ted Pease '78, Logan, Utah. Professor and department head, Utah State University Department of Communication.
- Randall Peffer '73, Andover, Mass. Freelance writer and teacher, Phillips Andover Academy.
- Sharon Penney '76, Franconia, NH. Regional transportation planner, North Country Council.
- Janet Prince '79, New Castle, NH. Director of strategic partnerships, School of Community Economic Development, Southern New Hampshire University.
- Pat Remick '74, Portsmouth, NH. Freelance writer and editor of ALQ Real Estate Intelligence Report.
- Elaine Sexton '76, New York. Executive publisher, Harris Publications Inc.
- Ken Sheldon '76, Jaffrey, NH. Freelance writer.
- Lynne Tuohy '77. Reporter, Hartford Courant.
- Ric Tracewski '75, Concord, NH. Features editor, Concord Monitor.
- Nora Tuthill '79, Kensington, NH.
- Lou Ureneck '72, Boston. Chair, Department of Journalism, Boston University.
- Matt Vita '78, Chevy Chase, MD., deputy editor for sports, Washington Post.
- Jan Waldron '75, Cambridge, Mass. Freelance writer.
- Nicholas Wallner '71. Branch manager, AAA Northern New England, Concord.
- Larkin Warren '77, New York. Magazine editor and freelance writer.
- Warren Watson '73, Muncie, Indiana. Director, Journalism Institute for Digital Education, Activities and Scholarship (J-Ideas), Ball State University.
- Karen Westerburg '74, Hollis, Maine. Elementary school librarian.
- Ron Winslow '71, New York. Deputy editor, health and science, The Wall Street Journal.
- Leonard Witt '78 master's. Assistant professor of communication, Kennesaw State University, Georgia.
- Holly Young '73, Durham, NH. Educational marketing and information coordinator, UNH Cooperative Extension.
Dana Jennings '80 recently published a book entitled Sing Me Back Home: Love, Death and Country Music. Learn more.
Books by Alumni
Other pages on this website that might be of interest to Alumni:
Visiting Journalist Program
Michael Kelly, '79, died in April 2003 while covering the war in Iraq for the Atlantic Monthly and the Washington Post. Read writings by and about Michael Kelly and learn about the UNH scholarship that has been established in his name.
Matt Vita '78 (right) and Kevin Sullivan '81, both of the Washington Post.
Dan Forbush '75 is president of ProfNet, which connects journalists with expert sources. PR Week named him one of the 100 most influential PR people of the 20th century.
Pam Sansbury ’75 works on the copy desk at the Miami Herald.
Steve Adams '71 is communications coordinator for the UNH Sea Grant program.
Among other things, Paul Briand '75 writes a column called "Boomer Angst."
Betsy Bair '77 is editorial director of a group of trade magazines.
Ken O'Quinn '74 coaches companies from LL Bean to Citgo on business writing.
Warren Watson '73 runs an institute on high school journalism at Ball State University in Indiana.
Leonard Witt '78 (master's) is the Robert D. Fowler Distinguished Chair in Communication at Kennesaw State University in Georgia.
Janet Prince '79 of Southern New Hampshire University.
Lou Ureneck '72, chair of the journalism department at Boston University.
Ron Winslow '71, deputy editor for health and science at The Wall Street Journal.