Mission & Goals
At UNH, engaged scholarship is a mutually-beneficial collaboration between the university and external partners for the purpose of generating and applying relevant knowledge to directly benefit the public.
The University of New Hampshire Engaged Scholars Academy enhances faculty success in engaged scholarship across a range of disciplines. In addition, the academy seeks to advance the University’s academic strategic plan, which includes a specific focus on engagement and outreach.
Goals of the Academy
- Enhance individual faculty’s ability to move forward from outreach/service to peer-reviewed engaged scholarship through:
- focused conversations about “best practices” in engaged scholarship;
- critical review and application of these practices to his/her own scholarship.
- Increase faculty knowledge about developing mutually-beneficial partnerships with those external to the university so that scholarship will be enhanced.
- Contextualize national conversations about engaged scholarship at our institution and develop a common understanding of this form of scholarship within the disciplines.
- Implement and advance the outreach and engagement goals articulated in the academic strategic plan and accreditation documentation.