Research Associate Professor
Complex Systems Research Center/ Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
- Working with a local high school to develop nearby forest trails for use by biology teachers and students as outdoor classrooms.
- Will develop brochures on roles of belowground functioning in ecosystems for distribution to nature centers, trailheads, and information kiosks.
- Will work with amateur mycology clubs in the region to assess whether species patterns of fungi are changing in response to nitrogen deposition and global change.
- Recently traveled to Zimbabwe to explore an academic partnership with Midlands State University in Zimbabwe—one possible project is on the sustainable use of woodlands in rural Zimbabwe.
- Engaged Scholar's Final Report