Research and Engagement Academy Workshops
"Building a Scholarly Life"
- Meet and interact with a group of like-minded scholars
- Introduction to models which will guide the life of a scholar
- Understanding successful scholars from a range of disciplines via panel discussions
- Discussion and mapping scholarship for the next 2-3 years and beyond
"Preparation for and Selection of a Funding Opportunity and Principles of Partnership"
- Select an appropriate funding opportunity to advance individual scholarship
- Consider the culture of the funding agency
- Prepare materials about their scholarship question/goal for others
- Plan how to promote scholarship to others
- Build a team to support proposal development and scholarship
"Proposal Development and Support for Research at UNH"
- Learn about the range of services offered at UNH to support proposal development
- Share strategies about proposal development and learn from other scholars
- Develop an individualized plan to connect scholarship with an external funder
“Engagement and Principles of Partnership”
- Enhance knowledge about engagement and engaged scholarship;
- Enhance understanding of engaged scholarship as another form of scholarship;
- To understand the principles of successful community-university partnerships;
- To develop personal skills in developing a partnership
"Developing an Excellent Proposal"
- Strengthened proposals through a range of specific expert advice
- Learn strategies about proposal development in roundtable discussions and individualized dialogues
- Enhance individualized proposal plans to more fully integrate education and research and connect research and engagement with external funding opportunities
- Individualized discussions with an NSF (other) senior program official to learn from and get comfortable with these interactions
“Understanding the Panel Review Process”
- Understand how a strong grant proposal meets the specific requirements of a request for proposal (RFP)
- Determine what qualities in a grant proposal are discussed in a panel review
- Understand how a review panel works via participation in a mock review panel
- Understand how to get on a review panel with a funding agency to learn more about specific RFP requirements
" Life after Submission and the Academy Workshops "
- Develop strategies to enhance the resubmission process, for a proposal, if needed
- Learn how to keep a proposal team cohesive and active while waiting for the funding decision from an external funder
- Determine 1-2 activities to engage in as part of the Research and Engagement Academy after the workshops are complete
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a faculty if a proposal is awarded funding