Urban Agriculture Research Internship
We are seeking a detail-oriented intern to help with various aspects of research on urban agriculture and social justice in the New York City area.
Responsibilities may include:
- Interview coding using online qualitative analysis software
- Literature review
- Website development
- Assisting with the organization of a public event about urban agriculture and social justice
The successful candidate for this internship will be someone interested in advancing her/his social science research skills through work on a project focused advancing on social justice in the food system. The following skills and qualities are essential:
- Some prior experience with social science research (for example, through coursework, a thesis project, or as a research assistant)
- An interest in refining qualitative research skills
- Ability to meet mutually agreed-upon deadlines
- Proven dedication to advancing social justice in the food system
- Genuine interest in working collaboratively
- Familiarity with urban agriculture, food justice, and New York City would be ideal
Women and people of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
Late April through August or September 2013. This is a part-time position, with exact hours to be agreed-upon mutually.
New York City, NY. Some work will be done at The New School in Manhattan, and some work can be completed remotely.
This is an unpaid internship. We are committed to working with the intern to help her/him develop research skills, and how these can be applied in the context of alternative food/food justice movements.
Please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Kristin Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.