For 35 years, Corporate Accountability International has successfully challenged corporations like Nestlé, General Electric, and Philip Morris to halt abusive practices that threaten human rights, public health, the environment and our democracy. The organization is expanding—and leading campaigns challenging some of the world’s most powerful industries from food and agriculture to water and Big Tobacco. Think Outside the Bottle exposes the truth behind bottled water marketing and defends the human right to water in the face of increasing corporate control and Public Water Works! galvanizes support for public water systems. Value [the] Meal challenges the fast food industry to stop driving an epidemic of diet-related disease and helps build a more sustainable food system. Our campaign to Challenge Big Tobacco protects the first-ever corporate accountability treaty from tobacco industry interference.
The Senior Researcher will play a lead role in providing the information necessary to develop and carry out our campaigns, with particular attention to the Value [the] Meal and Challenging Big Tobacco campaigns. The organization’s research focuses on documenting abuses by targeted industries, power mapping corporate targets to inform campaign strategies and tactics, and supporting the development of policies and international regulatory instruments to control transnational corporate behavior. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a research and organizing background who would thrive in a creative and driven office atmosphere.
- Play a lead role in the development and implementation of strategies challenging the fast food industry’s impact on the food system and public health.
- Conceptualize and conduct research and analysis of transnational corporate activities and industry trends.
- Work closely with the Campaigns Team to further develop campaigns to stop life-threatening abuses by transnational corporations and identify and gather information to implement campaign tactics.
- Monitor and analyze corporate responses and progress relative to campaign goals and objectives.
- Produce written reports for internal use as well as public distribution.
- Develop and build relationships with key organizational allies and experts.
- Represent the organization as a spokesperson and advocate at conferences, shareholders’ meetings, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of all communications, campaign and fundraising materials.
- Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising and campaign activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability and social justice, with a global perspective.
- At least five years of experience in strategic corporate research, organizing, or advocacy, preferably at a campaign-oriented organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of corporate accountability issues.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis, including facility with spreadsheets.
- Experience in fact-checking.
- Experience organizing and/or developing a campaign related to food systems a plus.
Accountability: The Senior Researcher is accountable to
the Research Director.
Salary range and hours: Commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package.
Location: Campaign Headquarters- Boston, MA
To Apply: Email letter of interest, résumé, two writing samples and three to five references to Sarah Bennett at email@example.com. Please let us know where you heard about the position.