Research and Evaluation Manager
Cooking Matters Research & Evaluation Manager
Share Our Strength - Washington D.C. Metro Area
No child should grow up hungry in America. Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Share Our Strength, a national nonprofit, is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need by connecting kids in need with nutritious food and teaching their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals, the No Kid Hungry Campaign surrounds children in this nation with healthy food where they live, learn and play.
The Cooking Matters Research & Evaluation Manager is responsible for advancing the mission of Share Our Strength, to end childhood hunger in America, by overseeing research, program evaluation, reporting, and monitoring for the national Cooking Matters program. As a member of the Cooking Matters Program Development & Evaluation team, the Research & Evaluation Manager will help Cooking Matters demonstrate and enhance the effectiveness of its high-quality food skills education programming through the development and oversight of monitoring and evaluation systems, as well as key research initiatives.
· Manage and execute data management, analysis and reporting systems needed for strong Cooking Matters program evaluation
· Design, implement and strengthen systems to ensure data utilization for program improvement and communications
· Identify enhancements and additional components needed to monitor evolving and expanding program activities
· Design and maintain high quality survey instruments and monitoring tools
· Manage formative and topic-based research for product development and revisions to program approach, content, or implementation
· Manage large, third-party evaluations of Cooking Matters
Reports to: Associate Director, Program Development & Evaluation
Location: Washington, DC- HQ
Desired Skills & Experience
· Master’s Degree in Public Health, Evaluation, Behavioral Psychology or a related field
· 3-5 years related work experience
· Demonstrated experience in evaluation design or execution
· Experience in project management
· Experience analyzing large data sets via SPSS Statistics or other statistical software
· Demonstrated knowledge of survey design principles
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Data-driven, with strong quantitative skills.
· Experience employing varied research methodologies such as literature reviews, expert interviews, focus groups
· Organized, detail-oriented, self-directed and flexible
· Collaborative with strong communications and problem-solving skills
· Experience managing staff, vendors, or consultants
· Available for occasional travel and work on nights and weekends
· Appreciation for food, nutrition, and cooking, as well as a desire to contribute to Share Our Strength’s mission.
· Database or data systems design experience
· Experience using Tableau or other data visualization software
· Knowledge of Excel macros and/or Visual Basic
· Experience conducting qualitative research
Share Our Strength, a national nonprofit, aims to end child hunger in America by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives. Through its No Kid Hungry campaign—a national effort to end child hunger in America by 2015—Share Our Strength ensures children in need are enrolled in effective federal nutrition programs; invests in community organizations fighting hunger; teaches families how to cook healthy, affordable meals; and builds public-private partnerships to end childhood hunger at the state and city level. Working closely with the culinary industry and relying on the strength of its volunteers, Share Our Strength hosts innovative culinary fundraising events and develops pioneering cause marketing campaigns that support No Kid Hungry.
Together we can end childhood hunger by 2015. Sign the No Kid Hungry Pledge: http://nokidhungry.org/
June 14, 2013
Project Management, Quality Assurance
Nonprofit Organization Management