Public Relations Interns
Interested in a creative way to finance your trip to the August 9-11 NOFA Summer Conference at UMass Amherst? Exchange 25 hours of your time for free entry, free camping, and one free meal.
NOFA seeks a Summer Conference Public Relations Intern for its 39th Annual Summer Conference. The intern will help collect and document information about, and connect with, various community organizations and media outlets to increase the Summer Conference's visibility and reach.
The intern will work a total of 25 hours, most of which will be completed prior to the conference. Some hours at the conference itself may also be possible. Reimbursement for phone possible, if necessary. Mentorship and guidance provided by NOFA/Mass Public Relations Director. College credit possible, but not necessary.
- Complete total of 25 hours by August 11 - majority to be completed prior to August
- Minimum of 5 hours per week
- Timely response & accountability for deadlines
- Access to computer and telephone
- Majority of work to be done independently, with occasional in person meetings.
- Research coops, organizations, parenting blogs, publications, websites, columns, etc online
- Compile information into excel spreadsheets
- Add Summer Conference to relevant online calendars in the region
- Potentially call media outlets and organizations
- Problem solving
- Good communication
- Self motivated
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and data management skills, including internet research and basic excel input
- Social media skills, including Facebook and Twitter, helpful, but not necessary
To apply, send resume and cover letter, describing interest and availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st. Feel free to email with any questions. Learn more about the Summer Conference here: http://www.nofasummerconference.org.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Public Relations Director and Newsletter Editor
Northeast Organic Farming Association/Massachusetts Chapter (NOFA/Mass)