Our mission, at Virginia Community Capital (VCC), a nonprofit, Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and banking entity, is to offer innovative, flexible financial products designed to support housing and community development ventures, increase jobs, and build sustainable communities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Three core business lines—Lending, Savings, Advisory Services—provide expertise to a wide range of constituents including localities, developers, community development agencies, nonprofits, and business owners.
VCC delivers innovative loan and investment solutions. Along with its subsidiary, Community Capital Bank, VCC furnishes loan capital broader than bank lending for projects supporting positive community impact in low- to moderate-income communities and underserved geographies and markets.
VCC Savings’ deposit services appeal to institutional and socially conscious investors and community banks. Advisory Services advances community development projects, enhances community planning, grows small businesses, and provides nonprofit training and education.
VCC is currently seeking a Fresh Foods Project Coordinator to support our Community Investments and Impact Team as we expand our Get Fresh! Healthy Corner Store program. VCC serves a wide range of for-profit and non-profit developers and businesses in the creation and preservation of quality housing, the development of community and medical facilities, the redevelopment of mixed use property and the expansion of employment through small business lending – all of which strengthen the neighborhood fabric and provide services that increase opportunities for individuals and communities. VCC is unique in its range of expertise and disciplined approach to financing.
Job Description: The Fresh Foods Project Coordinator will be responsible for performing VCC’s activities of the multi-partner Get Fresh! Taskforce in Richmond, and executing program expansion in Richmond and other markets as determined. These activities include convening meetings, maintaining clear communication between VCC and partner organizations, identifying new opportunities and partners, and scheduling special events around Get Fresh!
brand awareness and healthy foods.
The Project Coordinator will also provide detailed, implementable business technical assistance to participating corner stores. This assistance will range from basic bookkeeping to inventory control and energy efficiency; merchandising to hiring and payroll; and marketing and advertising. It is important that the Project Coordinator is aware of and respects cultural differences among our clients and partners, and operates in a culturally sensitive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide business technical assistance & mentorship
• Support partner relationships and operate in a culturally sensitive
• Research expansion opportunities
• Develop Fresh Food sourcing and delivery
• Develop ordering and delivery process and ensure delivery of fresh
produce to partner stores
• Oversee operation of Committee structure
• Work with participating businesses to track fresh foods sales and
• Schedule meetings and provide timely meeting notes and agendas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree required from 4-year college or university with a degree in finance, business or other field. Minimum 2 years of experience in private business or business consulting.
• Well-developed organizational and decision making skill, adaptability
to changing priorities
• Demonstrated collaborative leadership
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities
• Able to set own schedule and execute according to a plan, driving for
results and effectiveness
• Verbal: Ability to communicate in a clear, comfortable and confident
manner. Communicate effectively and in a way that supports teamwork – conveys insights to peers and managers quickly and concisely.
• Written: Demonstrated ability to write clear, organized and accurate
memos, incorporating a range of information and analysis. Ability to document workflow and procedures.
• Excellent Word, Excel and Windows file management skills mandatory
• Demonstrated web research skills
• Familiarity with Outlook or similar network-based email and calendar
• Use of file sharing platform such as Google Docs
Key Competencies Required for Position:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ownership/Accountability – Actively manages work and issues through to
• Customer Service – Understands and manages customer expectations.
• Initiative – Anticipates and communicates challenges and
• Commitment – Demonstrates sense of passion and urgency for work,
mission and organization.
• Adaptability – Sees opportunity and risk for continuous improvement.
• Efficiency and Productivity – Determines priorities and allocates time
and focus accordingly.
• Professional/Technical Expertise – Understands and applies technical/
procedural knowledge of job.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is a part-time, hourly contract position averaging approximately
10-15 hours per week at a rate of $30-45 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Please mail, email, or fax resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Virginia Community Capital
930 Cambria Street, NE
Christiansburg, VA 24073
(540) 260-3164 fax