Program & National Summit Coordinator Internship
Chefs Collaborative has an internship opportunity available for summer & fall 2013! Please see below, and be in touch with any questions. Please forward far and wide. Thank you.
Internship Announcement: Program & National
Summit Coordinator, Chefs Collaborative
Chefs Collaborative is a national chef network committed to improving sustainability in our food system through information, education, and collaboration with the broader food community.
Chefs Collaborative seeks an intern to help with coordination, outreach, and promotion of its national programs - including the 5th annual National Summit and the Bristol Bay Salmon Dinner series. The National Summit, to be held in Charleston, SC from November 3-5, brings together over 300 chefs and culinary professionals for two days of networking, panel discussions, workshops and demonstrations, and fantastic meals and events. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the sustainable food community and get hands-on experience working closely with a team to execute a complex national event and robust national programs.
This is an unpaid 12-15 hour-per-week position, beginning in
June and running through the summer, ideally to November if available.
Longer-term availability is preferred. The intern will work out of our office
in downtown Boston, MA.
The intern will:
- Work with the staff on an outreach and promotion plan to market the Summit and sell registrations. This includes promoting the Summit program and events through our blog and social media outlets, as well as working with the media to get exposure for the Summit
- Assist the staff with production of Summit marketing communications materials
- Evaluate proposals and applications for the Summit Chef Scholarships, and Summit Awards
- Assist the staff with Summit-related administrative work, such as confirming guests’ travel plans, collecting and editing speaker biographies and headshots, and building/promoting Summit pages on the website
- Outreach and follow up with chefs to promote and confirm details around the Bristol Bay Salmon Dinner series
- Interview chefs, and update the blog
- Assist with office-related work as needed, including data entry and mailings to members
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and enjoy talking on the phone
- Must be organized, outgoing, and detail-oriented
- Previous experience with Facebook, Twitter, blog (Wordpress) and email platforms (Constant Contact) in a professional capacity is preferred
- Interest in the non-profit sector and the sustainable food movement a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Alisha Fowler, program manager, email@example.com by May 10, 2013. To find out more about Chefs Collaborative, visit www.chefscollaborative.org, and check us out at Facebook.com/chefscollaborative and @chefscollab on Twitter.