Food Recovery Network is hiring a Program Director! Food Recovery Network unites students at colleges and universities to fight food waste and hunger by recovering surplus perishable food from their campuses and surrounding communities that would otherwise go to waste and donating it to people in need. Founded in September of 2011, Food Recovery Network is the first national student-led food recovery movement working to bring food recovery programs to every college in the country. The 11 colleges and universities that make up the Food Recovery Network have recovered over120,000 pounds of food to date, all of which was donated to shelters and meal sites for food- insecure people.
The Program Director will oversee all aspects of the organization, from development and communication, to expansion and member support; will work with our Student Leadership Team to implement FRN’s 5-year Plan; and will also manage FRN’s staff. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Specifics of Position
This is a part time position between 20 and 30 hours/week as needed, with flexible hours a requirement. Location in the D.C. area preferred, but not a requirement. Position can be done remotely. Some travel to chapters and partners may be necessary.
We are offering salary in the range of $10-$15/hr, commensurate with experience.
• Solely responsible for all staff: providing direction, leadership, and supervision.
• Attract and retain high quality staff members, evaluate and ensure training of staff members.
• Schedule and run staff meetings once a week.
• Report to the ED, facilitate communication between ED and national leadership team.
• Work with the staff to implement the 5-year Strategic Plan • Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that puts FRN on the path to financial sustainability, with a target annual budget of $200,000 by the end of 2013.
• Assist the Executive Director with managing FRN’s existing partnerships, and developing further partnerships that will increase FRN’s impact.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, nonprofit or for-profit environment.
• Experience founding or running an organization.
• Background in student organizing or other experience working with student leaders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to organize fundraising activities effectively, prioritize
prospects and participate in high-level partnership discussions.
• Knowledge of effective marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
• Excellent computer skills, spreadsheet, database and Internet skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Honesty, patience, a sense of humor, and the ability to contribute to a fun work culture.
• A bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of work experience.
• Experience in the food recovery or food justice industry.
• Experience remotely managing a regional or national organization.
• Experience working with students on a college campus to create social change.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, two references, and your resume to email@example.com by February 10, 2013. Visit http://www.foodrecoverynetwork.org/blog/2013/01/08/hiringpd/ for a full job description.