CCOF is an organic certifier, trade association and educational foundation supporting the growth of organic food and agriculture through its mission:
certifying, educating, advocating and promoting organic. CCOF currently represents more than 2,600 organic food and agriculture operations covering
2,000,000 acres in 34 states and 3 countries. Foundation programs include the Future Organic Farmer Grant Fund, Organic Training Institute, Bricmont Fund (hardship assistance for organic producers), and consumer education. For more information about CCOF, please visit www.ccof.org.
The Program Assistant (PA) supports the CCOF Policy Department and the CCOF Foundation. For the Policy Director, the PA provides administrative support and coordinates communications and grassroots advocacy support. For the CCOF Foundation Program Coordinator, the PA also provides administrative support and assistance with implementation of Foundation programs.
Reports to: Policy Director (20 hours per week) Works under the direction of: Foundation Development Manager (20 hours per
Policy Support and Outreach
• Facilitate action alerts, email notifications, and other outreach to CCOF members through Engage software.
• Write, format, and organize content for CCOF’s Policy/Advocacy webpages to showcase CCOF’s advocacy work and to compile relevant, timely organic news and resources.
• Manage the CCOF News Twitter account to increase engagement with organizations and CCOF members on food and agricultural issues.
• Provide other logistical and administrative support as needed.
Foundation Support and Program Implementation
• Under the direction of the Foundation Program Coordinator, coordinate activities related to the Organic Training Institute o Establish training schedule o Identify and set up workshop, tour locations and venues as needed o Set up webinars and coordinate production of power-points and other materials o Assist with promotion and communication
• Assist in other program implementation as needed
The CCOF Policy and Foundation Assistant is a full-time salaried position based in Santa Cruz, CA.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
CCOF is seeking an effective, detailed organizer of people, programs and projects. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
• BA in a related field
• Demonstrated experience preparing and conducting outreach and educational programming, preferably in a member-based organization • Excellent organizational and logistical skills, including event and meeting coordination • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Demonstrated familiarity with food and agriculture policy, preferably the organic sector • Strong computer skills • Demonstrated ability to excel in fast-paced, high workload environment • Attention to detail • Availability for occasional travel, evening and weekend work • Bilingual English/Spanish capability
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants please submit the following:
• Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, qualifications and compensation requirements • Current resume • List of three professional references • Writing sample (800 word maximum)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.