Program and Event Manager
Northeast Organic Farming Association of Connecticut
The Northeast Organic Farming Association of Connecticut is seeking a full time Program and Event Manager. CT NOFA is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the practices of ecologically sound farming and gardening, and to the development of local sustainable agriculture. Our efforts give consumers increased access to safe and healthy food. CT NOFA is a growing community of farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, businesses and consumers that encourages a healthy relationship to the natural world.
- Manage CT NOFA’s Beginning Farmer, CSA and other programs according to grant requirements
- Coordinate workshops, conferences and socials for gardeners and farmers
- Assist the Director in planning of NOFA Organic Land Care workshops, courses and conferences in the Northeast – some travel required
- Manage CT NOFA and NOFA Organic Land Care Program’s social media to promote events and our mission
- Publicize CT NOFA and NOFA Organic Land Care events and campaigns with press releases to print and online publications, e-mail blasts, e-mail newsletters
a) Coordinate and assist in press release distribution and follow up
b) Work with partner organizations to promote events and co-host or sponsor events
c) Compile, edit and publish the quarterly Homeowners’ newsletter, as well as 4 yearly issues of the Farmers’ newsletter
- Recruit and manage one intern at a time throughout the year
- Be part of a team that helps identify prospective sponsors, grantors, donors, and other partners in order to increase membership and other revenue, and helps develop and maintain strong relationships with them
- Draft proposals for small grants (up to $5,000)
- Write small grant reports, and provide input for larger grant reports
- Perform other related tasks and duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Self-motivated, responsible and organized with good oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of the following:
a) Microsoft Office
b) Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Blogger
c) Html or web development language, experience with Drupal and familiarity with Filemaker and Constant Contact a plus
d) Online surveying and reporting tools
- Knowledge of Connecticut’s food system, organic farming and sustainability preferred but not required
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. The rate of pay will be commensurate with experience. Ability to work from home up to 1 day/week, with the remaining time spent at the CT NOFA office in Oxford, CT. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Deb Legge at email@example.com. Please apply no later than June 10 and know that interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis. Learn more about CT NOFA and the position at www.ctnofa.org.
Events & Outreach Coordinator
Connecticut NOFA & NOFA Organic Land Care Program
ctnofa.org • organiclandcare.net
(203)888-5146 • ctnofa1982.blogspot.com