Operations and Administration Internship with the Edible Schoolyard Project
The Edible Schoolyard Project (ESYP) is offering an unpaid internship to
students or recent graduates wishing to gain experience in a stimulating and
fast-paced work environment. The intern will support the Operations Manager
for ESYP, assisting with a variety of activities related to our Edible
Schoolyard Berkeley program and the internal functions of a nonprofit office.
Responsibilities include day-to-day tasks and short-term projects.
About the Edible Schoolyard Project
ESYP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded by Alice Waters in 1996
(formerly the Chez Panisse Foundation). ESYP works to transform the health and
values of every student by building and sharing a food curriculum for the
school system. Help us change the way we eat, one student at a time.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of donations, which includes data
entry, photocopying, tailoring letters, troubleshooting as necessary and
- Manage order fulfillment and customer service for ESYP online publications
- Draft and/or proofread various written materials such as business- and
grant-related correspondence, internal memos, etc.
- Field information requests and assist in interfacing with supporters and
the public via phone and email
- Help maintain our donor and partner database
- Assist with events, mailings and other projects
- Daily filing and office organization
- Conduct short research assignments and projects
- Miscellaneous errands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Keen interest in the sustainable food movement
- Creative and flexible mindset
- Work well independently and collaboratively
Duration & Compensation
- Unpaid internship, Chez Panisse lunch provided
- 3 months, 3-4 days per week (20-25 hours)
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Krissa Nichols, Operations Manager,
at email@example.com, with "Operations Intern" in the subject line.
Please include your days and hours of availability in the letter. The Edible
Schoolyard Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Minimum commitment: April 15, 2013 – July 15, 2013
No phone calls, please.