Chefs Collaborative has an internship opportunity available for fall 2013! Please see below, and be in touch with any questions. Please forward far and wide. Thank you.
Internship Announcement: Member Communications Intern, Chefs Collaborative
Organization description: Chefs Collaborative is a national chef network committed to improving sustainability in our food system through information, education, and collaboration with the broader food community.
Job description: Chefs Collaborative seeks an intern to help with coordination, outreach, and promotion of our members and their sustainability-related activities locally, regionally and nationally. We have hundreds of members across 47 states, and a key part of our work is leveraging our members’ voices to foster change in the food system. The Membership Communications intern will gather news from our members and post it via various media channels, evaluate success of member communication tactics, and assist with member recruitment and stewardship activities.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the sustainable food community and get hands-on experience working closely with a small team in a national membership organization in communications and development capacities. The intern will gain communication and administrative skills, familiarity with common tech applications, and database maintenance experience.
This is an unpaid 12-15 hour-per-week position, beginning in September and ending in December (some flexibility available). Ideal internship length is 4 months. The intern will work out of our office in downtown Boston, MA.
The intern will:
- Manage Google alerts and news round-ups for CC members
- Analyze response rates to email and snail mail campaigns
- Draft communications to members, including our monthly newsletter and emails
- Provide personal outreach to members for summit, member spotlights, and blog posts
- Assist with administrative work, including data entry and mailings to members
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate in a professional tone via phone and email
- Must be organized and strongly detail-oriented
- Previous experience with Facebook, Twitter, blog (Wordpress) and email platforms (Constant Contact) in a professional capacity is preferred
- Familiarity with Google applications helpful, but not required
- Interest in the non-profit sector and the sustainable food movement a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Gillian Gurish, Membership Coordinator, email@example.com by Friday, August 30th. To find out more about Chefs Collaborative, visit www.chefscollaborative.org, and check us out at facebook.com/chefscollaborative and @chefscollab on Twitter & Instagram.