The Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition is dedicated to the promotion of human health and well-being through nutrition by providing scientific expertise and technical assistance in areas of childhood obesity prevention, anti-hunger, local food systems and health, survey development and program evaluation. The Center also submits grants and contracts, both locally and federally, to build the research infrastructure at the local, state, and national levels. The mission of the Center is to serve as an independent research institution providing scientific expertise, partnership and resources to improve diet and physical activity behaviors among youth and their families to help grow a healthier next generation.
The GSCN is seeking a Master-Level Project Manager to work on public health nutrition projects, including evaluation projects of programs that promote healthy nutrition and physical activity in childcare centers and healthy shopping. Experience and interest in nutrition and food-related issues is required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating support for the project activities, communication, and logistical functions of the project.
- Develop budgets, staffing plans, and action plans to ensure proper personnel, facilities, and supplies to meet grant/contract deliverables and reporting.
- Ongoing budget tracking.
- Coordinating day-to-day logistics and administrative aspects of collaborative projects.
- Maintaining databases and filing systems.
- Planning and communicating logistics to participants and project team (meeting dates, locations, agendas, times, travel, materials dissemination).
- Assist in data collection, data entry, and coding of qualitative data.
- Providing assistance to ongoing projects as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters of Public Health or equivalent (preferably with nutrition background).
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Experience in writing and managing grants and/or reports.
- Data collection, data entry, and data coding skills.
- Knowledge of and productive experience working with diverse and multicultural audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills in a networked environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Content expertise in organizational and administrative policies, and practices.
- Knowledge and experience providing logistical and administrative support for multiple team members simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively on teams.
- Ability to communicate. Must be comfortable communicating with diverse audiences.
- Must be independent and organized, able to take ownership of processes and projects, which includes the ability to get results working through others, and effectively organize resources to meet goals.
$37,000-42,000 plus benefits; commensurate with experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach your cover letter, resume or vitae to Dr. Amy Yaroch, Executive Director, Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition, 505 Durham Research Plaza, Rm. 1024, Omaha, NE 68105 or email@example.com. Applications must be received by Jan 11, 2013.