NEDCO is looking for someone who is passionate about local food systems and community development to join the Sprout! team. This internship is offered either on a term basis or ongoing depending on the needs of the individual selected. Please send resume/cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internship is open until filled.
Job Status: Part –Time Internship: Schedule is negotiable (<20 hours/week). Ongoing opportunity
Job Site: NEDCO and Sprout!
Job Salary: Unpaid
Supervisor: Sprout! Program Supervisor
Purpose of Position:
The Sprout! Marketing Intern works closely with Sprout! staff to develop and implement marketing strategies for Sprout!. The intern will gain first-hand experience in marketing community development activities, food products/services and professional services. Sprout! is a community food hub that increases local food consumption and bolsters the local food economy. Toward this end, Sprout! is a regional gathering place for producers and consumers of local food. Kitchen@Sprout! is an incubator kitchen for use by small food-based businesses and farmers for value-added production. Marketplace@Sprout! is an indoor/outdoor year-round farmers’ market for retailing of locally produced food and related items. Hatch@Sprout! is a business incubator focused on the needs of the food industry. Additionally, much of Sprout! is made available for conferences, meetings, private parties and classes through an event rental program.
- Design promotional materials to support the recruitment of new vendors, kitchen tenants and incubator clients
- Coordinate the distribution of promotional materials
- Identify and support the development of co-promotion opportunities with Sprout! vendors, kitchen tenants and incubator clients
- Manage Sprout!’s Facebook account and strategically integrate other social media platforms
- Update Sprout! web page as necessary
- Lead tabling efforts and other outreach at regional events
- Manage, along with Sprout! staff, swag sales including the design of new items targeted to desired audience and subsequent sales/marketing strategy
- Support the operations of Marketplace@Sprout! and develop a deep understanding of the market community through regular presence at the Friday afternoon market
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Understanding of how to leverage personal, professional and community networks to develop program advocates and extend reach
- Understanding of the particular opportunities and challenges faced by food businesses in the Willamette Valley
- Experience farming, producing, distributing, cooking and/or serving food
- Ability to work independently to accomplish agreed upon goals in a timely manner
- Passion for innovation and willingness to bring new ideas to the table when appropriate
- Comfort working with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe CS and/or other design software experience
- Event planning experience
Sprout! Program Supervisor| NEDCO
212 Main Street, Springfield, OR 97477 | 2700 Market St NE, Ste. 110, Salem, OR 97301
Springfield (541) 345-7106 Ext 227 | Salem (503) 779-2680 | Cell (805) 451-0289
www.nedcocdc.org | www.sproutfoodhub.org | Building Local Opportunity since 1979.