Edible Landscape Designer
Love & Carrots is a young and fast-growing company. We design, install, and maintain organically grown Edible Landscapes, Master Plans, Urban Farms, Native Plant & Pollinator Gardens, Rain Gardens, and Bay Scapes in the D.C. Metropolitan area.
We currently have an opening for a Sustainable Landscape Designer to help create our garden and native landscape designs. This position requires an individual to be creative while ensuring that the projects are completed in a professional manner – within budget and on time. We are looking for a motivated individual, passionate about sustainability, who seeks ways to incorporate new ideas into designs. Our clients expect the best from us at affordable rates. It starts with innovative, exciting, and practical designs that focus on bolstering the native ecosystem and incorporating edible plants. The ideal candidate will have a residential design background and experience with native landscapes, sustainable design and/or permaculture, and edible landscaping.
- Prepare drawings, plant palettes, and plant schedules
- Assist Installation team with layout and guidance in proper planting techniques.
- Partner with the Marketing Team on ways to propose and sell high quality design work to company clients.
- Ensure that design time is recorded correctly on timecards for billing and job cost purposes.
- Assist with change order estimates and revisions as requested.
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Design, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years of creative experience in a professional design and maintenance business
- Significant local horticulture knowledge
- Proficient with computer software programs needed for design
- Strong work ethic
- Fast working
Must have your own scanner access and your own design equipment
This position is part time, project based as needed, and often work-from-home. Compensation is $15 to $25/hour based on experience and availability.