THE CHEESE SCHOOL OF SAN FRANCISCO is the only independent institution of its kind in the nation dedicated entirely to helping people maximize their enjoyment and appreciation of cheese.
In order to bring the highest quality experience to our students, we require the help of very talented and dedicated people. Every semester we offer three paid internship opportunities to those in the food service industry. The Cheese School internship offers the following opportunities:
- Learn about cheese service in all its aspects
- Learn how to cut, plate, and serve cheese for both individual and group service
- Learn how to care for cheeses of all types
- Learn pairing techniques and explore pairing ideas
- Taste over 100 cheeses and 50 wines and beers
- Meet monthly with our curriculum director for further training
- Attend Cheese School classes free of charge.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Help with set up and clean up before and after class
- Ensure that classes run smoothly and students are comfortable
- Help maintain our mailing list
We look for applicants with a strong desire to learn more about artisan cheese and food. Those already in the food industry will be given particular consideration. Internships are awarded on a semester schedule, January through March, April through June, July through September, and October through December. We ask for a time commitment of 15 hours a week.
If you are interested in receiving an internship application form, please send your resume and cover letter to info (at) thecheeseschool (dot) com.