The Office of Alice Waters is offering a three month long internship to a
student or recent graduate wishing to gain experience in a stimulating
gastronomic environment. This is an unpaid opportunity to be fully
immersed in the world of the Edible Schoolyard Project and Chez Panisse
Restaurant, and see Alice Waters’s many projects first-hand. The intern
will work very closely with Alice Waters’s assistants and will represent
the Office of Alice Waters on the phone and via correspondence. There
will also be interaction with the chefs and staff of Chez Panisse, the
Edible Schoolyard Project, and The Edible Schoolyard program at Martin
Luther King Jr. Middle School in Berkeley. Opportunities to work in the
kitchen for a few hours or volunteer at the Edible Schoolyard are also a
The internship takes place at the Office of Alice Waters, next to Chez Panisse Restaurant and Café in Berkeley, California. It is an unpaid position, but a staff lunch is provided daily by Chez Panisse chefs. The intern is expected to work roughly from 9am – 5pm five days a week.
Our next available position starts December 1st. We also have positions available Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Opening and responding to the mail
- Answering the phone and responding to emails
- Helping with special mailings for the restaurant and the Edible Schoolyard Project
- Organizing the Chez Panisse archives
- Assisting with special events for Alice Waters, the Edible Schoolyard Project, and the restaurant
- Very strong organizational skills
- Competency with Microsoft Excel and Word (Photoshop and In Design a plus)
- Very good writing abilities
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in gastronomy from an ecological, agricultural and cultural perspective