Full Circle Farm (FCF) is an 11-acre project of Sustainable Community Gardens (SCG) located on the campus of Peterson Middle School in Sunnyvale, California. The Garden Educator oversees aspects of the school based education programs.
- Development of curriculum for the garden classes for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, field trips, short-term programs, after school clubs, and summer camp.
- Maintaining the school garden plots.
- Ensure that all practices are sustainable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement curriculum for garden classes.
- Ensure students experience propagation, planting, cultivation, composting, and maintenance of the garden.
- Support the Peterson classroom teachers and the development of garden lessons that are integrated into classroom teaching and curriculum.
- Mentor individual students in and out of class, model respect, and curiosity for learning and encourage students’ interests and talents.
- Model effective classroom management and the ability to approach discipline creatively.
- Cultivate communication and relationships with FCF staff, Peterson classroom teachers and administrative staff
- Stay abreast of Peterson events and activities; be an active presence in the school community; attend Peterson all-staff meetings as appropriate.
- Welcome the program’s many visitors; be aware of classes with media visits and give interviews; participate in FCF events and community outreach.
- Experience teaching middle or high school youth in a culturally and racially diverse setting preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience with learning gardens, sustainable education, agriculture, and nutritional programs with a focus on middle school grades preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, interpersonal communication skills and creativity.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Possession of a valid California Drivers License.
- $12.50 per hour/25 hours a week
- 11 month position (August off)
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Full Circle Farm
1055 Dunford Way