Just Food is a NYC based non-profit organization whose vision is a socially just, environmentally sustainable and healthy food system for all. Our organization is currently looking for the right person to join our mission of empowering and supporting community-led projects that increase access to locally grown food, especially in underserved NYC neighborhoods.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Events Manager will be tasked with the vision, leadership and execution of Just Food’s fundraising and educational events program. The candidate will work directly with the Executive Director, staff development team, and the Board of Directors to improve fundraising strategies, develop corporate partnerships and sponsorship relationships, and plan large-scale benefits and conferences that will raise awareness and further the mission of Just Food. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic, enthusiastic and polished individual with excellent interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills. He or she will be expected to hit the ground running and help build upon the momentum we have currently established with our events program and corporate partnerships.
- Flawlessly manage and execute all aspects of our events program.
- Strengthen and build corporate partnerships.
- Institute new vehicles for fundraising and make them viable from idea to implementation.
- Manage relationships and work effectively with staff, Board of Directors, Host Committee, corporate sponsors, and other supporters.
- Manage our internship & volunteer program including overseeing the Just Food Volunteer Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven record of event management with five+ years’ experience.
- Ability to represent Just Food in a professional manner at all times.
- Hard-working and self-motivated, with strong leadership skills.
- Must excel in multi-tasking within a fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and well-rounded understanding of social media.
- Passionate about this position as well as Just Food’s mission.
The Events Manager reports to the Executive Director.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Just Food is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply