Education Summer Intern
Red Rabbit Education Summer Internship
About Red Rabbit
Red Rabbit is a NYC-based healthy school meal provider to the NY metro area. Their kid-tested and approved menu offerings, farm fresh and locally-sourced food, interactive educational programs and easy to implement delivery system make it a favorite for schools, educators and parents looking for good nutritional and healthy food options for their students and children.
Red Rabbit is committed to educating parents, kids and schools about the importance of nutrition, healthy eating, and where food comes from. That’s why we offer an array of educational programs that are engaging, interactive, thought-provoking and practical—while also supporting school wellness policies!
Red Rabbit seeks undergraduate and graduate students as Education Summer Intern to assist with Red Rabbit educational programs that deliver healthy food education to students, parents, and teachers in the NY metro area, including Cooking and Gardening Labs, Parent Learning Labs, Red Rabbit Saturdays family cooking programs, and Professional Development Learning Labs. The Education Intern position provides work experience, course credit, and a farm share of fresh vegetables.
Red Rabbit Education Intern should:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program studying Education, Health Nutrition Sciences, Science, Food Studies, or Sustainability, or related field.
- Pursue course credit for their participation.
- Have experience and a passion for cooking, gardening, education, and nutrition.
- Have an interest in working with children, parents, teachers, and community members to build healthier communities.
- Have a passion for innovative approaches to encouraging healthy eating and living habits for children and adults, involving cooking, art activities, gardening and conversation-based education.
- Have availability 15-25 hours a week.
Red Rabbit Education Intern will:
- Assist Red Rabbit Education Coordinator with lab preparation, including lesson adjustments, preparing example projects, organizing, packing up and purchasing materials, and helping to deliver and pick up materials.
- Assist Red Rabbit Instructors during educational labs that cover cooking, gardening, nutrition, health, and sustainability topics for Prek-12th grade students and adults.
- Guide students through preparation, gardening and cooking of fresh food.
- Guide students through additional art and creative activities.
- Demonstrate and reinforce gardening and cooking safety during labs.
- Provide consistent leadership and act as role models and mentors to younger students.
- Help link Red Rabbit Labs with New York State learning standards.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Rebecca P. Gildiner
M: 646.574.9676 O: 866.697.3372 F: 646.478.9141