Red Rabbit Education Department Fall Internship
Red Rabbit seeks undergraduate and graduate students as Education Department Interns to assist with Red Rabbit educational programs that deliver healthy food and gardening education to students, parents, and teachers in the NY metro area. Programs range from student Cooking and Gardening Labs to Parent Learning Labs and Professional Development Learning Labs. The Education Department Intern position provides work experience, course credit, and a farm share of fresh vegetables through a local CSA.
About Red Rabbit
Red Rabbit is a NYC-based healthy school meal provider to the NY metro area. Our kid-tested and approved menu offerings, farm fresh and locally-sourced food, interactive educational programs and easy to implement delivery system make it a favorite for schools, educators and parents looking for nutritional and healthy food options for their students and children.
Red Rabbit is committed to educating parents, kids and schools about the importance of nutrition, healthy eating, and where food comes from. That’s why we offer an array of educational programs that are engaging, interactive, thought-provoking and practical—while also supporting school wellness policies!
Red Rabbit Education Department Intern should:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program studying Education, Health Nutrition Sciences, Science, Food Studies, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, or related field.
- Pursue course credit for their participation.
- Have experience with and a passion for cooking, gardening, education, and/or nutrition.
- Have interest in working with children, parents, teachers, and community members in an educational capacity to build healthier communities.
- Have confidence and comfort working with children of all ages.
- Have a passion for innovative approaches that encourage healthy eating and living habits in children and adults, involving cooking, art activities, gardening and conversation-based education.
- Have availability 1 or 2 days a week (8 to 16 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Red Rabbit Education Department Intern will:
- Assist Red Rabbit Education Manager and Instructor with lab preparation, including calculating supply needs, organizing, packing up and purchasing materials, lab set-up and clean-up (including dish washing), helping to deliver and pick up materials, material production, etc.
- Gain experience in the classroom co-teaching nutrition education lessons by assisting Red Rabbit Instructors during educational labs that cover cooking, gardening, nutrition, health, and sustainability topics for PreK-12th grade students and adults.
- Further the Education Team’s reach by spreading knowledge of healthy food, cooking, and sustainability issues using social media platforms.
- Assist in curriculum development and editing.
- Guide students through preparation, gardening and cooking of fresh food.
- Demonstrate and reinforce gardening and cooking safety during labs.
- Provide consistent leadership and act as role models and mentors to younger students.
- Help link Red Rabbit Labs with New York State learning standards.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Education Department Internship” in the subject line.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.--
Rebecca P. Gildiner
M: 646.574.9676 O: 866.697.3372 F: 646.478.9141
Our mission is to provide all children with nutritious, well-balanced meals in school, while encouraging them to explore, learn and grow healthy relationships with food that will last a lifetime.