General: The CSA Manager is responsible for providing a diverse, bountiful share to each shareholder of the CSA. The position includes work in the office, with the public, and on the farm.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the day-to-day operations, including planting, weeding, and harvesting.
· Customer Service: the CSA Manager is the first contact for all members. Answer emails and calls.
· Responsible for the beginning of the season email, including a schedule for members.
· Keeping farm store staff updated on the CSA.
- Perform office tasks regarding CSA. Tracking amounts of produce, weights of meat packages, retail meat carryovers each month and pick up schedule for produce, meat, and cheese.
- Coordinate with the farm manager the list of box contents for each week and communicate any member feedback.
· Harvest, wash, and pack weekly contents.
- Set up, running, and closing the distribution site 2 times a week.
- Coordinating alternate pick up times and schedule changes with members.
· Responsible for all communications with cheese vendors and meat vendors.
- Order meat, arrange and meet truck for drop off.
- Order, cut, and distribute weekly CSA cheese.
· Arrange monthly meat CSAs for distribution and stock the store retail meat freezer.
- Update picking list on welcome center board and on website.
- Keeping field signage updated with help of manager.
If interested, contact Ron Smolowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant, SEMAP
Coordinator, Southeastern MA Food Security Network