About Wholesome Wave
The mission of Wholesome Wave is to empower and equip people to make better food choices by
supporting innovative nutrition programs in historically underserved communities. Wholesome Wave’s
current programs promote both access and affordability of fresh produce in over 250 low-income
communities across the country.
For more information, please visit www.wholesomewave.org
Wholesome Wave is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate, with a background in public health, communications and/or marketing to intern with our Communications and Development departments. The position will report to the communications and development teams and will have the opportunity to support other departments as appropriate. The selected candidate will work in areas of journalism, marketing communications, social media, and development.
Work may include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop original content for weekly blog posts based on program successes, study discussions and current events
- Edit articles for major publications
- Draft articles for quarterly newsletter
- Conduct outreach through social media, including Twitter & Facebook
- Update and maintain organization’s website
- Synthesize relevant scholarly articles and peer-reviewed studies
- Help to manage database and conduct some data entry
- Provide writing support to management through proposal drafting process
- Conduct research on potential grant opportunities
- Provide marketing & special event supportComm
Display a willingness to roll up one's sleeves and pitch in as needed
- Be an undergraduate or graduate-level student or recent graduate with education and experience in a combination of the following areas: public health, communications, journalism, marketing, social media, grant writing and fundraising.
o Public Health Communications/Marketing background a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively synthesize and convey ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, basic HTML, Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Interest in non-profit communications, marketing and development and in learning about and supporting Wholesome Wave’s mission in the community.
Compensation, Time and Classification
- 12 weeks beginning in May or June with some flexibility with start and end dates
- 40 hours per week
- Based out of our Bridgeport CT office
- Competitive stipend
- Position is open until filled
Please send resume and cover letter by April 30th 2013 to: email@example.com
WHOLESOME WAVE is firmly committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all present employees
as well as for applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, age, lawful source
of income, mental retardation, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness or deafness,
sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
855 Main Street, Suite 910,
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Phone: (203) 226-1112
Fax: (203) 873-0949