Communication & Events Specialist
Do you love milk, cheese, ice cream and all things dairy?
Are you a strong communicator with the ability to organize the logistics of public relations and special events?
If so, the Dairy Farmers of New England want you to help tell their story to consumers across our region!
The New England Dairy Promotion Board, representing dairy farmers from across our region, has an immediate opening for a full-time Communication & Events
Specialist, based in our Uxbridge, MA office. Uxbridge is an easy commute
from Boston and Worcester, MA and Providence, RI.
The ideal candidate will come to the job with a solid understanding of dairy agriculture.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Execution of various facets of our dairy farmer image program (Must Be The Milk), including management and generation of content for our websites, social media channels and marketing campaigns
- Events coordination, logistics planning and implementation
- Media relations (including press material generation, press pitching)
- Manage video shoots and editing at events and on-farm
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communications-related field
- 1-3 years of post-graduate PR experience
- Solid pitching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to juggle shifting priorities and
This position offers a salary of $45,000 to $55,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience. Other benefits include Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401K program. Some limited travel is required, mostly within New England.
Please submit a letter, resume and samples of your previous media & events accomplishments, to the attention of Jenny Karl, Director of Communication, at PRJobOpening@newenglanddairy.com. Your submission will be reviewed after January 1st, 2014.