Mast Brothers Chocolate is a Brooklyn based bean to bar craft chocolate making company started in 2007. We source single origin cacao from small farms all around the world, and make chocolate in a way that highlight’s these origins and farms. Along side chocolate, family and community is an important aspect of what we focus on here at Mast Brothers. Please see job description below.
This job is for a part time or full time position as chocolate maker. This person would work on our production floor with his or her team focusing on all aspects of bean to bar chocolate making. We are seeking a person who is a hard worker, with a concentrated attention to detail, clean, punctual and takes pride in mastering the craft of chocolate making.
- Some heavy lifting (burlap bags of cocoa and sugar)
- Hand sorting cacao beans
- Carefully roasting beans
- Running a winnowing machine
- Loading/Emptying cocoa grinders
- Tempering chocolate
- Wrapping/packaging chocolate
- Maintaining a clean work environment with attention to detail.
- A college degree or Culinary center certificate
- 2 years + food experience (chocolate knowledge a plus, not a must.)
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for chocolate.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to get along with others.
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks.
- Safety minded.
*This position is PAID Full-time benefits included:
- Full-time position is salaried.
- Medical and dental coverage after 3 months of employment.