The baker will create, design, and deliver a high-volume, made-with-love baking and healthy dessert program in our fun and growing office food environment.
A collaborative and entrepreneurial role, this chef will take the lead in much of the in-house production of baked goods, snacks and other staples that will set our food program apart as a model for responsible and holistic food service.
- Help around the office, answer questions about food, do good and champion the values of homemade food.
- Focus on producing daily-changing menus of both traditional and alternative recipes, prepared from scratch.
- Work with the Chef team to develop housemade bulk snacks, pantry and condiment program.
- Source and feature seasonal, locally-sourced and specialty ingredients.
- Work within food program ethos to produce clearly labeled menu signs, ingredient lists, recipes and nutritional info as necessary.
- Produce special dishes and menus for themed events and parties.
- Create preparation lists and take inventory, lite ordering.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for product and relationships.
- Relevant experience will be considered.
- Has developed and lead a team in a commercial kitchen setting.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality required with schedule flexibility determined as needed.
- Has a clear vision, organizational mindset, and knows how to create and execute kitchen systems.
- Commitment to quality service, regional and global food and beverage.
- Solid understanding of professional cooking and baking techniques and knife handling skills, local and seasonal ingredients and diverse cooking styles and cultures.
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.Flexibility and ingenuity.
- Willing to work with alternative approaches and overcome challenges and limitations.
- Familiar with local products, producers and farms.
- Understanding of raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo and whole grain products a plus.
- Basic knowledge of healthful eating and nutrition paired with a passion for healthy, comforting, traditional, unexpected, and playful food a must.
- Schedule 7AM-3:30PM. With flexible schedule and availability based on special events.
- This position will spend 80% of the time standing and baking, 20% of the time planning menus, ordering and meeting to collaborate on ideas and growth.
- Must easily be able to lift 50+ pounds.