Camps Kenwood and Evergreen
is a high-end overnight camp for 300 boys and girls. We offer a diverse
program of sports, arts, theater, & adventure/travel on a scenic 180-acre
lakefront campus in Wilmot, NH. Between mid-June and mid-August we serve
530 children and adults three meals per day, and provide food services for
daily on-campus special events and off-campus trips.
The camp is seeking two qualified Assistant Chefs to help oversee its high quality, seasonal foodservice program from early June to late August. Room and board is provided.
The Assistant Chefs will assist the Chef Manager in overseeing the efforts of a kitchen staff of approximately 16. S/he will also work collaboratively with the Chef Manager, the Camp Director, councilors, and with individuals and departments throughout the camp. Additionally, the Assistant Chefs will assist in growing the camp’s new, cutting edge sustainable food program.
- Three or more years of professional culinary experience
- Experience producing high volume food service in small batches ensuring quality, freshness and nutritional value
- Ability to prepare meals with fresh local food
- Experience preparing meals for school-age children as well as adults
- Ability to give and receive constructive input
- Ability to provide input in creating seasonal menus that change daily
- Experience with healthy and scratch cooking techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies
- Experience in execution of special events
- Some experience leading and supervising a food service team is helpful
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- Availability to work on site from June 2nd, to August 25th.
Please send resume & cover letter to: Sustainable Food Systems, LLC email@example.com with the subject CK&E Assistant Chef.