At a hackathon, small established teams brainstorm to solve problems and then share their solutions with the other competing teams. It’s a contest and the best ideas win. Oh, and you have fun along the way! Open to UNH students only.
Smart Gadget Competition
Saturday, April 8, 2017 | 8:30am - 6:00pm | UNH InterOperability Lab, 21 Madury Road, Suite 100, Durham
*3,000 Visa Stamp Credits for i2 Passport for attending the Competition and Workshop.
Are you interested in technology? Do you love solving problems?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Smart Gadget Competition is right up your alley! Come together with other UNH students, like yourself, and have the opportunity to build your own custom solution. There will be CASH prizes awarded, t-shirts, food, and more! ALL UNH STUDENTS CAN PARTICIPATE, regardless of college, major, skill level, and knowledge of Smart Gadgets. Form a team of 2- 3 ahead of time, or ask us to match you to a team. Be sure to bring your laptop.
There will be a required training/preliminary workshop on March 31, 2017 from 2pm - 4pm. You will receive a separate email with details on the workshop after registration. The training will take place in MUB Theatre 1.
If you are a UNH student participating in i2 Passport, you are eligible for 3,000 Visa Stamp Credits for attending both the workshop on March 31st and the competition on April 8th. You must swipe your ID at the i2 Passport kiosk on both dates.
Space is limited, so be sure to register today to reserve your spot. You don't want to miss it. Please send any questions or concerns via email to SmartGadget@iol.unh.edu.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this event happen!
What is the event?
- Identify a Problem, Build a Solution
- Utilizing a parts bin of sensors and LoRaWAN radios
- Explain the value your solution provides
What are the benefits in participating?
- Get training on LoRaWAN sensor development from Senet
- Build a real product prototype and take it with you
- Cash Prizes!
- Free food and swag (T-Shirts)
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- No, all UNH enrolled students are encouraged to attend.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Parking for the UNH-IOL can be found on our web page.
What if I can't attend the Competition?
- You must notify us ASAP if you are unable to attend as seating is limited due to space, food, etc.
What if I can't attend the Workshop?
- The workshop is required! If you cannot attend, please be sure to send others from your team or notify us ASAP.
What can I bring into the event?
- Laptop, an open mind, ideas, and great energy!
Thank you to our sponsors, Senet, Multitech, Exosite, and ST Micro!
Hackathon: Data Analytics & the 2016 Presidential Election - Sponsored by Datawatch and IBM
Friday, October 21, 2016 | 1:00pm | ECenter Training Room, 21 Madbury Road, Durham
Hackathon @ the ECenter is a 20-hour hackathon designed to bring together UNH students from all colleges and majors to download/use IBM Watson Analytics and Datawatch software to examine and analyze data sets related to the upcoming United States Presidential election. Food and drinks will be provided! Be sure to bring your laptop to download the software!
Winning team gets all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas for the IBM Watson Conference! Winners MUST be able to fly to Las Vegas on October 22nd.
ALL UNH STUDENTS CAN PARTICIPATE, regardless of college, major, skill level, and knowledge of IBM Watson Analytics or Datawatch software. An online tutorial on Watson Analytics will be provided to all registered students prior to the Hackathon. Form a team of 3 ahead of time, or ask us to match you at the Hackathon.
Top reasons to attend:
- Data analytics is for everyone! You’ll learn data prep and Watson Analytics for Social Media.
- Network with representatives from Datawatch and IBM.
- Access to a free download of the IBM Watson Analytics and Datawatch software at the start of the Hackathon.
- Compete to win a trip to Las Vegas for the IBM Watson Conference that starts the next day!
Registration is required.
Friday, October 21, 2016
- 1:00pm - 11:00pm (IBM Watson Analytics and Datawatch workshops, explanation of hackathon "problem," and hackathon!)
Saturday, October 22, 2016
- 9:00am - 11:00am (Judging and announcing of winners!)
- 2:00pm (Winning team flies to Las Vegas!)
Thank you to our sponsors, Datawatch and IBM!
For more information, or if you have any questions about the hackathons, email Heather MacNeill at email@example.com.