$10,500 Summer Seed Grant
Get paid to work on your idea or early stage start-up over the summer!
The Peter T. Paul Entrepreneurship Center (ECenter) invites all students to submit applications for grant funding to take their entrepreneurial ideas to the next level through the development of prototypes, business models and/or companies during the summer months.
Summer is one of the best times for students to work on ideas and early stage start-ups. This grant allows a student/students to focus full time attention on the venture and receive a grant payment to do so in lieu of having to find a summer job.
All University of New Hampshire students are eligible to submit proposals if you have exciting ideas or early stage venture you want to continue to develop. This also may be especially interesting to students that have enrolled in entrepreneurship courses and programs of study, students who are members of the entrepreneurship club, student participants in the Holloway Challenge and/or the NHSVIC, and students who participated in the Undergraduate Research Conference who aspire to commercialize their research.
This is an excellent preparation for the larger Holloway Challenge that happens later in April and the Social Venture Innovation Challenge in November.
View clips of the Summer Seed Grant 2016 final presentations for RAIDX and Project OASIS on our YouTube page.
2018 information coming in November
Important 2017 Dates:
- 2017 SUMMER SEED Grant Competition Launch: March 1, 2017
- Information Session: March 7, 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM at the ECenter
- Application Workshop (Optional): March 30, 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM at the ECenter
- Deadline to Submit Application: April 4, 2017 at 11:59 PM
- Finalist Notification: April 7, 2017
- Finalists In-Person Presentation to Judges: April 11, 2017 from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Winning Team Announcement: April 12, 2017 at 4:00 PM
- Summer Seed Grant Program Dates: June 5 - August 4, 2017
Find Out More:
To learn more about the Summer Seed Grant, please email Program Manager Heather MacNeill.