Past and Future Dialogues
Suggest a Topic
The UNH Discovery Program invites your suggestions for the University Dialogue topic for the next academic year. We will finalize the topic in January of the prior year and look forward to your ideas. To suggest a great topic for a future dialogue, please e-mail us at: Discovery.Program@unh.edu.
Become a Dialogue Author
Faculty are selected annually to author essays for the University Dialogue reading packet and chart the year of related programming. By addressing a theme as a learning community, we amplify the many ways students learn in and out of class and we connect that learning to a variety of disciplines. Click here for more information on expectations and guidelines for authors.
We Love Program Partners
The topic of the dialogue serves as a theme throughout the year to focus community events and conversations on an area of broad interest, a big question or an enduring problem. The theme is set by students, faculty and staff and the Discovery Program but serves as an "all call" in hopes that many organizations, offices and departments will choose to engage. The topic can be used in your own planning or you are welcome to contact us to collaborate at Discovery.Program@unh.edu.
The University Dialogue began in 2005. Recent titles include:
- AY 11: Finding Common Ground: A University Dialogue on Solving Complex Problems
- AY 10: TMI: A University Dialogue on Decision Making in the Age of Information Overload
- AY 09: Taking Care of Self and Community: A University Dialogue on Health
- AY 08: The Growing Divide: A University Dialogue on Poverty and Opportunity
- AY 07: We Hold These Truths: A University Dialogue on Democracy.
- AY 06: Power to the People: A University Dialogue on Energy.
- AY 05: Where in the World is UNH? A University Dialogue on Globalization.
- University Dialogue
- Calendar of Events
- Discovery Student Fellows
- Past & Future Dialogues
- Campus Conversation on Investment & Divestment
- Program Requirements
- Course Submissions
- Discovery Program Committee