Current Size: 100%
Welcome Veterans! We would like to extend a sincere thank you for your service. DSS would like to help make your transition or return to UNH as smooth as possible.
Our work with all students with documented disabilities is based on legal mandates. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990 (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) govern the services UNH provides for students with disabilities.
DSS provides individualized support services for veteran students with conditions that require accommodations. Students are encouraged to meet with Kathy Berger, DSS Director to learn about how the office may be able to support you. Appointments are to be made by UNH students online via Clockwork. Meetings and contact will be discreet and CONFIDENTIAL.
In order to receive services from DSS you must provide documentation of your condition from an appropriate, qualified professional. Kathy can assist you in learning about the specific documentation needed as it pertains to your condition. DSS will accept paperwork that discloses the diagnosis, such as any DD Form, diagnostic exam, or evaluation.
DSS understands the difficulties in getting paperwork from the Veteran's Administration. If you have trouble obtaining any documentation, please contact Kathy Berger who can assist you in the process.
Veterans in needs of a diagnostic evaluation can self-identify with a counselor at an area veterans' center. These facilities are separate from the VA system, offer free evaluations, and by law their counselors cannot share information with the VA. To find locations, go to the www.va.gov .
The Manchester VA Medical Center has many different programs to assist our nations Verterans with employment opportunities. Below are some of the programs available.
Please see further resources in the left hand menu.
- Clockwork Student Portal
- Clockwork Services - Student Portal
- Applying for Accommodations
- Accommodations Timeline
- Types of Accomodations
- Eligibility & UNH Documentation Guidelines
- Assessment/Diagnostician Referral Listing
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) Guidelines
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (Pervasive Developmental Disorders)
- Chronic Disease/Medical Conditions Guidelines
- Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing (HOH) Guidelines
- Learning Disability Guidelines
- Physical Guidelines
- Psychological/Emotional Disorders Guidelines
- Temporary Medical Conditions Guidelines
- Assistive Technology
- Campus Accessibility Map
- DSS Classifieds
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Study Abroad
- UNH Service Animal Statement
- NH Vocational Rehabilitation
- President's Commission on the Status of People with Disabilities
- ADA Compliance at UNH; Affirmative Action and Equity office
- Veteran Support
- Become a Notetaker