Software to help students read, write, study and do research.
Available on all UNH Campus Cluster computers and
available for FREE download and installation on your own Windows or Mac computer.
The Read&Write software program supports college students with reading, writing, studying and research skills. This program provides a "floating toolbar" with over 20 useful tools that seamlessly integrates with Microsoft applications, PDF files, e-mail, Internet browsers, and other software programs.
A few key features include:
- Text-to-Speech -- allows you to listen to your text read aloud as the words are highlighted for easy tracking. This can be done in Word documents, PDF files, e-mail or on the web. Great for improving reading comprehension and for proofreading your written assignments.
- Speech Maker--allows you to convert a text document to an audio file for mobile listening. This can be beneficial for commuters, athletes, and anyone who prefers listening and/or struggles with reading print.
- Speech Input-- integrates with Windows built-in speech recognition and allows you to use your voice to write instead of your keyboard.
- Dictionary -- allows you to simply select any word on the screen and access the definition without losing your place.
- Highlighting and Research Tools-- facilitate active reading by allowing you to collect and extract color highlighting to gather information for written assignments and research papers or to create personalized study sheets.
- Scan / OCR tool-- easily convert print materials from a scanner or image PDF files to searchable Word, PDF or HTML format.
Translator:-- Simply translate a single word to one of 50 languages, or use the Paragraph translation option in the drop-down menu to select whole paragraphs to translate into the language of your choice. Note: You must be online to use this feature.
Texthelp Read&Write resources:
For more information about the specific features of this product, check out these resources:
Online feature videos for Windows
Online feature videos for Mac
Or contact Maureen Bourbeau, the Assistive Technology Specialist with DSS, to schedule an appointment for a demonstration in the Assistive Technology Lab at 201 Smith Hall.
E-mail: email@example.com or Phone: (603) 862-2400
UNH has a site-license allowing UNH students, faculty or staff to download this program onto their personal computers.
It is important that you complete the Registration Form with your name and e-mail address so that we can keep you informed of updates, tips and training opportunities. The submit button will then take you to detailed instructions for the download and installation. (you may also choose to view or print the installation instructions below).
|Registration Form for Windows||Installation Instructions for Read&Write 11.5 Win|
|Registration Form for Mac||Installation Instructions forRead&Write 6.0 Mac|
Any troubleshooting questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, (603)862-2400.