DSS Notetaker Positions
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Notetaker for Disability Services for Students (DSS) at the University of New Hampshire. DSS is now accepting Notetaker applications for the current semester. If you are currently registered for courses and are interested in becoming a Notetaker, please follow the instructions provided below.
How to Become a Notetaker
1. Visit the ClockWork Login Portal
2. Click on Login for UNH Students
3. In the main menu, click on Become a Notetaker for DSS
4. Thoroughly read the information about DSS Notetakers
5. Click on Courses/notes
6. Use your UNH ID and password to login
7. Update and confirm the information in your profile
8. Agree to the terms and conditions that Notetakers are responsible and held accountable for
(Please note: stipends will not be issued if these terms are broken at any point during the semester)
9. Select the course(s) you are available to be a Notetaker for
10. Upload sample notes that can be viewed by students requesting this accommodation (.JPEG .PDF .doc .docx)
Upon completing your Notetaker Profile on ClockWork, DSS students seeking a Notetaker will make their selection based on the uploaded sample notes provided. Once selected, the Notetaker will be notified via their UNH email with further instructions as well as the appropriate hiring paperwork. All hiring paperwork must be submitted to the DSS office within two weeks of your hiring date to ensure payment at the end of the semester.
Registered DSS students will have the ability to select their Notetakers per course. DSS students will also be able to relieve Notetakers of their duties if they have neglected to post course notes in a timely manner or if they have posted non-sufficient course notes.
Required DSS Notetaker Hiring Paperwork includes:
You are welcome to drop-in with your hiring paperwork anytime Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm at the DSS Reception area located in Smith Hall, Room 201. Please understand that if you drop-in, there may be a short wait to be seen.
If you prefer to schedule an appointment, please call DSS at (603) 862-2607 or email email@example.com.
Notetakers are paid:
$100 for a 3 - 4 credit course
$50 for a 1 - 2 credit course
If a Notetaker works for only half the semester, they will only receive half of the stipend. Stipends will be issued at the end of the semester that the services were provided. If you have any questions about becoming a Notetaker, please contact DSS at (603) 862-2607 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notetaker Helpful Hints
Here are some helpful Note-taking handouts from our friends at the Center for Academic Resources (CFAR)