Join us on Facebook for tips and info on healthy eating, weight maintenance, food allergies and nutrition at UNH.
- Nutrition brochures on a variety of topics are available at each dining hall and at the Union Court.
- Full menus are posted in the dining halls and on our website. Our menus have tremendous variety from all the food groups and more!
- Nutrition analysis of recipes can be seen on the web by clicking on the "Nutritive Analysis" button next to any day's menu. Click here for full details.
- Healthy UNH Partners with UNH Dining - Click Here for Details
Ongoing Nutrition Counseling Appointments
- The UNH Office of Health Education and Promotion at Health Services offers individual nutrition counseling appointments. For further information go to the Health Services website or call their office at (603)862-3823.
- Portion Size Tools
- Interpret Sizes at Serving Stations
- Sample Meals
- Sample Meal Photos
- Calorie Density
- Chicken Nugget Meal Comparison
These nutrition brochures can also be picked up at any dining hall or at the Union Court.
- Nutrition Survival
- Weight Management
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegetarian Eating
- Smart Eating
- Healthy Spending
More Nutrition Topics
Click on the links below for other valuable nutrition topics.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Become a Flexible Eater
- Hunger and Fullness Awareness Chart
- Portion Size Information for the Dining Halls
- Beef: Visual Fat Content
- The Skinny on Chicken
- Take a Stand Against Osteoporosis
- Soft Drinks: What You Should Know
- Soft Drinks: High Sugar Content
- Getting Enough Whole Grains
- Understanding Food Labels
- Allergies: Reading Food Labels
- Saturated Fat Facts
- Nutrition Tips for You and Your Family
- Self Care Choices
- The Bad Fat Brothers - Don't Let Them Break Your Heart
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a number calculated from a person's weight and height. BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.
One size doesn't fit all. MyPlate Plan can help you choose the foods and amounts that are right for you, plus provide you with many useful tips.
Who ever said physical activity is all work and no play? In fact, it can be just the opposite! There is no need to think of being active as strenuous exercise full of boring workouts. Instead, participate in fun physical activities you enjoy and watch the health benefits follow!
Great for planning daily meals or evaluating what you've eaten at the end of the day according to a calorie level specific to you.
Use your free online account to enter your daily foods and exercise. FitDay analyzes daily calorie counts, carbs, fat, and protein, weight loss and more.
Search for any type of food and get detailed information based on a variety of portion sizes.
Reports of selected food items and nutrients, sorted either by food description or in descending order by nutrient content in terms of common household measures.