Campus Resources for Students, Staff, Faculty
- Accessible Wildcat Transit Bus Stops
- Affirmative Action and Equity
- Center For Academic Resources (students with learning disabilities and ADD share their stories)
- Campus Transportation Wildcat Access (formerly known as the "Handi-Van") provides on-campus transportation service for UNH students and employees with permanent or temporary mobility impairments.
- Disability Services for Students
- Institute on Disability (IOD)
- Inclusive Excellence Initiatives
read the 2011-2012 newsletter ICARE (Inclusive Community Advancing Respect and Excellence)
- Northeast Passage
- University Advising and Career Center (UACC) Diversity Network Program (DNP)
- UNH-Manchester, assistance for students with disabilities
Language Guidelines for Reporting and Writing about People with Disabilities
Guidelines for Respectful Language, from American Psychological Association
Respectful Disability Language, from Mobility International USA
- NH Governor's Commission on Disability
- Education Resources
- NAMI NH (National Association on Mental Illness) is a grassroots organization of and for people of all ages, their families and friends who are affected by mental illness.
- AAPD (American Association of People with Disabilities)
- Ability Hub Assistive Technology Solutions information on adaptive equipment and alternative methods available for accessing computers
- Access IT National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education. Promotes the use of electronic and information technology for students with disabilities at all academic levels
- ADA Home Page Information and technical assistance on American With Disabilities Act
- ADHD LD Online the worlds leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD
- AHEAD (Association on Higher Education and Disability) diverse network of professionals who actively address disability issues on their campuses
- American Association on Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (AAMR) The oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization of profesionals and others concerned about mental retardation and related disabilities.
- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB). Provides information and resources about living with visual impairment
- AssistiveTech.net National public website on assistive technology products and research
- Autism Is A World Documentary takes viewer on a journey of Sue Rubin, who is autistic and provides insights into her mind, her world, her obsessions and explores friendships she developed while in college
- The Arc community based organization of and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- CAST (Center for Applied Special Technology) nonprofit research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those with disabilities, through Universal Design for Learning
- Center for Research on Women with Disabilities (CROWD)
- CUD (The Center for Universal Design) is a national information, technical assistance, and research center that evaluates, develops, and promotes accessible and universal design in housing, commercial and public facilities, outdoor environments, and products in order to improve environments and products through design innovation, research, education and design assistance.
- Disability Rights Movement the web site is a reproduction of the interactive kiosk that accompanies the physical exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History and showcases the history of the Disability Rights Movement
- DO-IT (Disabilities Opportunities Internetworking and Technology) developed at the Univ of Washington, faculty guides, Veterans resources, student guides
- DREDF (Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund) mission is to advance the civil and human rights of people with disabilities through legal advocacy, training, education, public policy and legislative development
- Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI) information about information technology, education and disabilities; online training courses; Internet captioning; ITD e-journal; disability legislation; hardware and software; libraries; distance learning; and more
- Genetics Education Materials for School Success (GEMSS) provides educators,and parents with useful tools and tips for support of students with genetic conditions.
- NAD (National Association of the Deaf)
- NCDJ (National Center on Disability and Journalism) the goal of the NCDJ is to provide support and guidance for journalists as they cover people with disabilities
View the Style Guide and find out -
When is it appropriate to use the terms “handicapped” or “disabled”?
Is it offensive to say “confined to a wheelchair”?
What are the different types of disabilities?
- Purple effective communications for deaf, deaf-blind and hard of hearing communities
- Think College.net. from UMASS, Boston provides resources and tools for students, families and professionals
- UCEDD (University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities) Centers work with people with disabilities, members of their families, state and local government agencies, and community providers in projects that provide training, technical assistance, service, research, and information sharing, with a focus on building the capacity of communities to sustain all their citizens.
- We Connect Now dedidated to connecting college students with disabilities in access to higher education and employment opportunities
- Universal Design Education on-line this site supports educators and students in their teaching and study of universal design.
- Center for Universal Design, NC State University A national informational technical assistance and research center that evaluates, develops and promotes accessible and universal design in housing, commercial and public facilities, outdoor environments and products
- American Association on Health and Disability - preference for scholarships given to students who plan to pursue studies in field of public health, health promotion, and disability study and research
- American Foundation for the Blind - several scholarship postings
- AmeriGlide leading supplier and distributor of home mobility products - scholarships opportunities for students who use their products
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Scholarship Award Offers scholarships to high school seniors with documented learning disabilities who are pursing undergraduate degrees
- Loreen Arbus Focus on Disability Scholarship – recognizes student filmmakers whose work sheds light on people with disabilities
- Christine H. Eide Memorial Scholarship Award established to assist legally blind students
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – awards for students pursing study abroad programs
- Horatio Alger Scholarship provides financial assistance to students in the State of New Hampshire who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity and who aspire to pursue higher education
- Incight – Resources for Self Empowerment
- National Foundation for the Blind Scholarship program to recognize achievement of blind scholars
- National MS Society Scholarship to help students who have been diagnosed with MS or who have a parent with MS achieve their dreams of going to college.
- Charles A. Olayinka Memorial Scholarship (Peace Charlie Essay) raise public awareness of how negative stereotypes affect mental illness
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Sacks for CF National Football League scholarship program for individuals with Cystic Fibrosis
- The Leonard and Helen Stulman Endowed Scholars Program Provides grants for bilingual students pursuing master’s degrees in the field of mental health