For upcoming training dates, times, and locations, please refer to the training calendar.
DCYF Core Academy is required for all newly hired Child Protection and Juvenile Probation and Parole staff within the first 6 months of employment. The DCYF Core Academy tiered training matrix is shown below.
Specialized Training provides a more advanced level to essential child welfare practice knowledge. These trainings are developed and identified to meet the specific needs of DCYF Staff. Needs are assessed using annual individual assessments, field surveys, current research and best practice. Pending availability, Department of Health and Human Services personnel and outside providers are also invited to attend.
Past Specialized trainings have included:
- Best Practices: Planned, Purposeful & Progressive Visits (online)
- Disrupted Attachment in Child Protective Services
- Engaging Families in the Adoption Planning Process
- Everyday Creativity in Family-Centered Child Protection Services and CASA
- Getting the Whole Story: Assessing & Engaging Victims of Intimate Partner Violence
- Integrating Solution Focused Philosophy in the DCYF System
- Methamphetamine Awareness
- Strengthening Families: From Principles to Strategies
- Working with the Non-Offending Caregiver (online)
Online Training links currently available are listed below (click on a title to go to the website of the organization hosting the training). If you have questions regarding these or any other online trainings that may be available, please contact one of CPE's educational program coordinators. To receive credit for any training listed below, print out and complete an Action Plan and send it together with the completed 'Knowledge Check' to CPE via interoffice mail or fax (271-4737):
- About Us
- External Resources
- MyCPE Blackboard