Test Preparation & Strategies
Test Strategies (TST)
Test taking strategies are another component of academic success for students. Often times, students will say they are not good at taking multiple choice tests. The key to doing well is preparation and using good strategies.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do you prepare appropriately for tests?
- Do you try to integrate material from different sources?
- Do you know how to modify your study habits in different types of courses?
- Do you review your answers to essay questions?
- Do you have problems with specific kinds of tests – multiple choice, essay, true/false, short answer, matching or essay?
Success in college depends on your:
- Use of test preparation techniques
- Application of test taking strategies
If you have problems with test taking, you may want to:
- Learn more effective techniques for preparing for tests
- Learn test taking strategies for the different types of tests and subject matter
Students should review these workshops:
- Test Preparation and Test Taking Strategies
- Preparing for Final Exams
- Preparing for Academic Success
Students may also want to utilize these campus resources:
- Center for Academic Resources or CFAR for tutoring assistance
- Disability Services Office if you think you have a learning disability or run out of time during tests
- Counseling Services, if you experience test anxiety regularly
- About Us
- Peer Mentors
- Study Strategies
- CONNECT Application
- CONNECT STEM
- OMSA/Connect Survey